It was fab to see some of my lovely customers last week at my first Showroom Open Day in ages! I was a bit worried about my rusty communication skills after not having seen people in the flesh for quite some time 😉
Lovely Victoria from Bikudesigns dropped off some new stock a few days ago – scroll down for a peek!
Also included in my update today are my favorite links from the last couple of weeks as well as a couple of recipes I enjoyed.
Some of my favorite links
Can’t travel this summer? Here are some armchair travel ideas
Travel the world with 11 of far-flung TV shows
The Foo Fighters are my fav band ever and I’m loving this all-star version of “Times like these”
Live Lounge Allstars – Times Like These
Fancy a bit of quick & easy DIY?
4 low-cost ideas to update your home this weekend
The impact of the global pandemic on interior design
How is COVID-19 shaping design trends?
A bit of fun! I scored 68%
How perfect is your colour vision?
Vintage Kimono Headbands
Large Vintage Kimono Pendants
Small Vintage Kimono Pendants
Vintage Kimono Earrings
Vintage Kimono Cufflinks
Eat (and cook) your heart out
I love fritters. In any shape and form. These ones feature quite frequently on our weekend brunch menu:
1 tbsp water
1 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt and pepper
1 can (410g) creamed corn
2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
- Lightly beat egg with the water.
- Sift in flour and baking powder, add salt and pepper and stir to achieve a medium batter (add more water if needed). Make sure the mixture is not too thin.
- Add the can of cream corn, season and stir.
- Heat half the oil in a frying pan to a medium heat and add spoonfuls of the batter in the pan.
- Flip the fritters when they start to bubble on the top (1-2 min), but test they are cooked through before removing them.
- You may need to add a little more oil after each lot is taken out of the pan.
I like to serve the fritters with cherry tomatoes, avocados, sour cream & Thai sweet chilli sauce.