I shared pictures of the granola I made over on my Instagram and Facebook stories at the weekend and received a number of messages asking for the recipe.
So here you go!
– 3 tbsp sunflower oil
– 150ml date molasses (substitute: maple syrup)
– 2 tbsp honey
– 3/4 tsp vanilla extract
– 350g jumbo rolled oats
– 1 large pinch sea salt
– 25g sunflower seeds
– 25g pumpkin seeds
– 35g pistachios, roughly chopped
– 35g flaked almonds
– 50g mixed, dried fruit, roughly chopped, such as sour cherries, raisins, apricots, mulberries and figs
Off you go:
– Pre-heat the oven 170 degrees Celsius.
– Add the sunflower oil, date molasses, honey and vanilla extract to a small bowl and mix very well.
– Mix all dry ingredients, expect the almond flakes and dried fruit, in a large bowl, add the sticky mixture and stir well to coat everything.
– Spread mixture onto a large baking tray, pat down with a wooden spoon and bake for 12 min.
– Gently stir in the almond flakes and bake for another 10-15 min until the granola is evenly toasted. Don’t let it burn!
– Leave to cool on the tray before stirring in the dried fruit.
– Store in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks.
*Recipe from “The Saffron Tales | Recipes from the Persian Kitchen” by Yasmin Khan
Yummy & easy Eggnog Snickerdoodles
I stumbled across this recipe on NYT Cooking a few years ago and have baked these soft, yummy & easy