I love fritters. In any shape and form. These ones feature quite frequently on our weekend brunch menu:
– 30g butter
– 450g chopped onions
– 1 tbsp water
– 125g flour
– 1 tsp baking powder
– pinch of salt and pepper
– 1 can (410g) creamed corn
– 2-3 tbsp vegetable oil
– Lightly beat egg with the water.
– Sift in flour and baking powder, add salt and pepper and stir to achieve a medium batter (add more water if needed) and make sure the mixture is not too thin.
– Add the can of cream corn, season and stir.
– Heat half the oil in a frying pan to a medium heat and add spoonfuls of the batter in the pan.
– Flip the fritters when they start to bubble on the top (1-2 min), but test they are cooked through before removing them.
– You may need to add a little more oil after each lot is taken out of the pan.
I like to serve the fritters with cherry tomatoes, avocados, sour cream & Thai sweet chilli sauce.
Love cooking & baking? Click HERE for more recipes.